Monday, March 28, 2011

Inspiration.


Yesterday was my second and last long run before Marathon Monday.
I am absolutely in awe of the people I've encountered during my runs.
Donna, the Executive Director of TCR, Maritza, and I ran the marathon track from
Hopkinton, up until Heartbreak Hill. They are elite compared to this one so I was running most of it on my own, aside from the fellow runners, running past me.

I stopped for stretches and as cars were parked along the way, helping runners with water, first aid or a pack of gu, they were cheering you on. One guy helped me out with some gu and I kept seeing him as I ran, asking me how I was doing and kept telling me I can do it! I passed so many businesses that had signs out to cheer us on. I've never felt such endless love from strangers and I know that this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Two girls came to my aid as I was stretching and tearing from the pain, they relieved me with some star burst jelly beans. I didn't ask, they insisted they give me them and as they ran off down the course, they yelled back, you go girlfriend!

If these things weren't enough, I thought of all my guests at Friday nights Miles + Memories cocktail party, my mom, and all of those that I'm running in memory of. I truly couldn't do this without the love and support from all of you guys. I'm running for you too.

source

No comments: