Monday, August 30, 2010

Want, need, love.

I like to think that I surround myself with positive, happy,
and inspiring things... now I could carry it around with me.

I think that this {Kate Spade} bag speaks volumes. Not only for the concept,
but the title. Yes, I know it's a book that we all had to tread through
in high school, but I think the title speaks more to me now than ever.

I have been reading Commited, the follow up to Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love.
It's moving, captivating and keeps me on my toes.
Liz talks most about our expectations in relationships, but these expectations parallel with life, friends and with ourselves.

"Marriage becomes hard work once you have poured the entirety of your life's expectations for happiness into the hands of one mere person. "

A solution for not falling short of our expectations is a thought by Priscilla. She told me something that stuck with me, it's not word for word, but something like it.

It's unrealistic to be perfect.
All we can do is stay true to what we feel is right
and what feels true to our heart.
Just be real.

That is my thought for the day.

Happy Monday!

No comments: